The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® Xi Upsilon Omega Chapter is offering a $500 scholarship to an outstanding female high school graduate in need of financial assistance. The scholarship is available to students in the city of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Westmoreland. All schools may apply.
Applications must be postmarked by March 10, 2023. Applications postmarked after March 10th, will not be considered. The qualifications are:
1. The student must be a female graduating senior accepted at an accredited four-year college, university or community college with the intention of transferring to a four-year college or university.
2. The student should have a 2.5 or better grade point average.
3. The student should exhibit outstanding leadership skills.
4. The student should have contributed notable community service.
5. The student must have a financial need.
6. The student must be pursuing a degree in a field that will benefit children.
1. Our scholarship is open to qualified students attending all accredited colleges and universities. However, special consideration is given to applicants attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
2. All applicants must have a virtual interview with the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® Xi Upsilon Omega Chapter Scholarship Committee. The virtual interview will be given at a later date.
Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in the subject line: Scholarship Application 2023– Attn: Scholarship Chairperson Questions can also be emailed to: email@example.com