The Virginia Latino Higher Education Network's (VALHEN) Hispanic College Institute (HCI) is a FREE 3-day, virtual program that gives rising juniors and seniors in high school the opportunity to learn about the college admissions process while meeting Latinx professionals and engaging with Latinx College Students from all over the Commonwealth of Virginia. There is NO COST to the student to attend this virtual program.
The Hispanic College Institute will be held on July 15th through July 17th, 2021.
Benefits of attending HCI:
- Engagement with various academic disciplines through workshops and panels.
- Engagement with Virginia Tech and various other colleges and universities.
- Workshops on navigating and completing the college application process, applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- Learn about resources available to Latinx Virginia high school students.
- Gain mentorship and community.
- Scholarship opportunities.
Student applications are OPEN NOW!
Application closes: April 4th, 2021
Notification of acceptance: May 2021
Requirements to apply:
- 2.5 GPA or above
- Rising junior or senior
- Enrolled full-time in a Virginia high school