This is Marcus Petty Principal of James Monroe High School with important announcements:
- It has been a great week here at JM. We are in the 2nd semester, and it is time to get back to work.
- Parents, please partner with us to ensure your child attends school every day and arrive on-time to school and classes. Please know, regular attendance can positively impact academic performance. Students, please know, attendance matters because you matter.
- A big thank you for the generosity shown by supporting The Giving Tree. After going through the inventory, we can only accept the following items at this time:
- Toiletries (full size deodorant, lotion, and body wash)
- New underclothes, belts, ties, and gloves
- Coats, hoodies, flannels, and new blankets
- Parents, please support and ask your child about the new cell phone practice that will start this Monday. The practice is in place to ensure students get the most out of instructional time which will result in positive academic improvement. Below is a brief overview.
- Phones can be used in the hallway and during lunch.
- In the classroom the teacher will determine when phones can and cannot be used.
- Phones cannot be used in restrooms.
- Regarding Winter sports, please be reminded that there will be bag restrictions at all athletic events. Only clear bags, clutches (no larger than 5 X 7) will be allowed. Medical items and diaper bags will be permitted. This measure is in place to ensure everyone can safely enjoy the event.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us here at the school.
Have a great evening!