Click here to see full schedule
Wednesdays: Middle of the Week
Each Wednesday is a planning day for staff and an asynchronous learning day for students.
- Our staff will spend the day in school-wide meetings, professional learning opportunities, content-based professional learning community (PLC) meetings, and individual planning for weekly instruction.
- Students will engage in asynchronous learning. On asynchronous learning days, students have flexible and equitable opportunities to complete their learning throughout the day. Asynchronous learning activities will be available on Canvas and will include a variety of activities and instructional resources such as recorded instructional videos, online activities, and online assignments. This time will also be used for content review and credit recovery.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: Live, Direct Instruction
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday are synchronous learning days. The day starts at 8:00AM and ends at 3:00PM.
- Classes are scheduled for 35-minute blocks of time for live, direct instruction with their teacher.
- Also, asynchronous learning time is embedded into the day start from 8:00 – 9:00AM and 1:35PM – 3:00PM.
- Attendance will be taken in homeroom and all live, synchronous class meetings; however, student absences will not count against them if they continue to check in daily with their homeroom teacher.
Synchronous Learning Time
Beginning at 9:50AM, students will then have four synchronous learning blocks that will meet A days on Monday and Tuesday and B days on Thursday and Friday.
- These blocks, which will be labeled A1, A2, A3, A4 and B1, B2, B3, B4, will last for 35 minutes each, with 5-10 minute breaks in between.
- During these blocks, students will participate in their yearlong classes and receive direct instruction from teachers with high levels of engagement and discourse. This is not meant to be hours of screen time with students passively listening to adults speak. Our staff will be working with technological tools to keep students engaged and challenged.
Lunch and Break
Students and staff will then have time built in to have a break for lunch from 12:45PM – 1:35PM.
Asynchronous Morning & Afternoon Blocks of Time
High school students will begin their days with an asynchronous learning block from 8:00AM until 9:00 AM and end their days with asynchronous learning from 1:35PM – 2:20PM and 2:20PM – 3:00PM.
- These blocks of time will be dedicated for asynchronous learning whereby students can work on assignments posted in Canvas.
- In addition, synchronous targeted support for students will also be taking place during this block of time. For example, teachers may decide to pull small groups for targeted interventions or consultation meetings on assignments.