Important Community Resources
- RACSB 24-hour emergency mental health services: (540) 373-6876
- Rappahannock Community Service Board, Fredericksburg (Jackson St.) · Phone: (540) 373-3223
- The Fredericksburg Food Bank (540) 371-7666 is still providing food for families in addition to what we distribute at schools
- Virginia 211 offers local information about services, food/rent support, etc.: dial 211
- Suicide hotline: 800-273-TALK
- Substance abuse hotline: 800-662-HELP
- Fredericksburg City Police Department Non-Emergency Phone: (540) 373-3122
- Emergency Services: 540-373-6876 - 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week
Welcome to James Monroe High School's Counseling Department!
James Monroe High School provides a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program that addresses the academic, career and personal/social development of all students. School counselors are professional advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement during high school as well as preparing students for their lives beyond graduation. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians, and the community, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure that all students in the high school have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of our society in every way.
CYBERBULLYING & COVID-19
- Youth are spending more time online for school, connecting with peers, and socially interacting with friends
- Kids are still adjusting to learning and interacting with their peers virtually
- Many young people may be feeling new and uncertain emotions due to the pandemic, such as anxiety, anger, fear, isolation, or stress
- This unprecedented period, as well as more time spent online, have the potential to cause an increase in cyberbullying behavior
Cyberbullying is using a form of technology–such as the internet, cell phones, or virtual classrooms–to intentionally hurt or harm someone else.
REMEMBER, IT’S IMPORTANT TO:
- Be online for school and learning
- Connect with friends and family through text, apps, or gaming
- Feel safe and respected online!
- Know what to do if you experience or witness cyberbullying